Can't get quick disconnects on kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garcara

Reaction score
I took everything out of my kegerator today to mount my regulars and manifolds onto it and clean it out real good. I cleaned all my lines, quick disconnects etc. I know really well which is the gas and liquid lines. I am having a really hard time getting the gas disconnects on any of the kegs, and some of the liquid disconnects are extremely difficult as well (I had one liquid one that wouldn't go on all the way or come off and I had to break it). Any ideas what happened?

Are you having a problem with a number of the disconnects? Often a broken keg post can make it impossible to get a disconnect back on. Or the poppets weren't properly set after cleaning.

The latter is more plausible if your having issues with more than one post/disconnect combination. Check to make sure that the poppets are oriented correctly.

I didn't take them off today, they were full. Multiple disconnects and posts are the issue.

Check to see if you mixed up the "in" and "out" posts. The "in" posts have notches on the hexagon nuts.

Grossy said:
Check to see if you mixed up the "in" and "out" posts. The "in" posts have notches on the hexagon nuts.

I was just about to write how I know which posts are which very well.... But now I think it is e quick disconnects I have backwards.. Thanks for the help

Back