can't drink for at least two weeks!!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronbeer

Reaction score
well, I am having my tonsils taken out on friday so that means no beer for awhile :( i just bottled my hefe and my irish red is done in a week and I just got in my stuff to brew a doubble! So needles to say, I am in a big hurry to get the surgery and them get better FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost bleed to death after getting mine removed. On the other hand, I was only 6 and I ate a lot of ice cream.

thanks for the uplifting story! Now I feel like i have nothing to worry about!!!!!!

Tonsillitis is over rated. Obviously your beers have not been hoppy enough. ;)

Good luck with the procedure. That kind of stuff sucks to have to get done.

Well, 2 weeks of no drinking. Good time to try the liver cleanse form the Health food store? Get it all cleaned and primed for drink day?

I suspect it's because beer, especially home brew, has live yeast in it. Alcohol also thins blood. Swishing live bacteria in ones mouth and thinning ones blood is probably not the best idea while recovering from medically inflicted mutilations.

Just curious, did they say anything about no muff diving after surgery?

very true! And the carbonation can not be good for a wound! Well at least I will loose some of the weight I have gained from drinking to much beer!!!

true true! I am forced to wait instead of drinking it all at the beginning and wishing I had waited for it to age a bit,

Update- I had the surgery and am feeling great. Well as great as you can with open wounds. The doc said I can drink when I feel up to it!!!! I will wait for a while till I am sure I feel ok!

Oh man I have got to drink on the Irish drinking day! The issue is that I am on some good pain meds and adding beer might really mess me up, or it might lend it's self to a great time!

Good, you made it home in time, today is Steak and BJ Day. You may have to take a pass on the steak though.

Latest posts

Back