Can't attach beersmith files

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benbradford

Reaction score
I would like to put together a list of homebrewtalk recipes in a beersmith attached file list, so that it would be very easy for everyone to import those files...

can't seem to attach a .bsm file though...

anyone have an idea how to accomplish this?

I don't believe it is supported anymore. I'm sure you could post it in a more open source format: txt or csv.

cheers

is there a way to convert the format...my computer doen't even know how to read it unless beersmith is open...

Just right click on the recipe in beersmith and click export as - that should let you change it to other supported formats.

As for your .bsm files not opening with beersmith, right click on the .bsm file, select open with, then click choose default program. Browse to your beersmith directory and select the beersmith.exe - make sure the checkbox to always use the selected program is checked and that should fix the problem for you.

This doesn't help with the ability to post attachments in .bsm format, that others would be able to download directly into their beersmith program, and for others to post their .bsm files and for me to collect their recipes and research and create, all without the lengthy process of punching each recipe in manually.

I am interested in starting a thread that would all of this easier to do :)

Back