Can't access Democratic President or Political Meme threads?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

jturman35

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As the title states, apparently don't have permission to access the political meme or Democratic president threads? I don't recall saying anything inappropriate.

OP
OP
jturman35

jturman35

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to view them in the past couple of months. Political Meme and cartoons debatable? I probably don't spend 3% of my time looking in those, just wasn't sure why i don't have permission all of the sudden.

I just realized there is a separate debate forum. They must have recently changed the permission rights.

Last edited:

doug293cz

BIABer, Beer Math Nerd, ePanel Designer, Pilot
Staff member
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The "Debate" forum, which contains the political meme and democratic presidential candidate threads, is for supporting members only. It has been this way for years. It doesn't appear that @jturman35 is currently a supporting member.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

OP
OP
jturman35

jturman35

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting, because I have posted in the Democratic Presidential candidate thread which is why it still show up under "my replies". No harm, no foul, cheers!

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
damn, how funny...i was just going to ask if i can put a thread on ignore....lol, having the opposite problem...damn Tap Room v3 won't go away!!! :) it's like some stupid social studies or drama class in college with assinign(SP?) questions on the tests...lol

doug293cz

Staff member
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
damn, how funny...i was just going to ask if i can put a thread on ignore....lol, having the opposite problem...damn Tap Room v3 won't go away!!! :) it's like some stupid social studies or drama class in college with assinign(SP?) questions on the tests...lol
At the top left of each thread page there is a button that says: "Unwatch Thread". That should keep the thread mostly out of your sight.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
At the top left of each thread page there is a button that says: "Unwatch Thread". That should keep the thread mostly out of your sight.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

tried it already, after the third GTFO post....lol, still ended up back there....:( the thread is always at the top of recents, and i'm inquisitive.....

doug293cz

Staff member
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
tried it already, after the third GTFO post....lol, still ended up back there....:( the thread is always at the top of recents, and i'm inquisitive.....
All it will do it keep the thread from showing up in your unread watched threads view (accessed with the "Watched Threads" button.) I don't know of a way to keep things out of the "New Posts" view. And just because a thread shows up in a view, doesn't mean you have to click on the link.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

S-Met

Department of Redundancy Department.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
tried it already, after the third Please take the test or GTFO post....lol, still ended up back there....:( the thread is always at the top of recents, and i'm inquisitive.....
FTFY, take the damn test and join in on the shenanigans because yesterday was Friday and every day is Friday or gtfo.
FB_IMG_1582298158350.jpeg.jpg

lol, OCD....
Our OCD keeps us asking for said damn test. I'd think your OCD would force you to complete said test because, well, OCD.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
FTFY, take the damn test and join in on the shenanigans because yesterday was Friday and every day is Friday or gtfo.
View attachment 675169

Our OCD keeps us asking for said damn test. I'd think your OCD would force you to complete said test because, well, OCD.

maybe i will get bored enough to put my cast iron grill and skillet on my nice postal scale.......but it's going to take a while......lol