Cannot drink that yellow fizzy stuff anymore.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkeller12

Reaction score
I went to the Buccaneers football game yesterday and tailgated with another homebrewer where we exchanged many of our beers to critique and enjoy before the game. When it can to game time we headed into the stadium and decided to purchase another beer Michelob Light (all they had where we were seated) and let me tell you, I will never do that again. I cannot believe how my taste for beer has changed in the few short months that I have been brewing my own beer. I ended up throwing out my $8.50 beer around half full as I could barely choke it down. I don't how for so many years I could have been so blind to the world of homebrewing before. :mug:

I hear you!

In the amazement you are experienceing right now, however, it is easy to become a snob.

I know I did.

I went from "Miller is better then Bud Ice!" to "I know the truth about beer now, how can so many people stay retarded?!?"

You now know the truth. Use that truth for good, not evil......;)

cheezydemon3 said:
I hear you!

In the amazement you are experienceing right now, however, it is easy to become a snob.

I know I did.

I went from "Miller is better then Bud Ice!" to "I know the truth about beer now, how can so many people stay retarded?!?"

You now know the truth. Use that truth for good, not evil......;)

To be fair... Miller is, in fact better than bud ice...

I was pretty much the poster child for beer snobbery, but I try to be less judgmental these days. People are more likely to take an interest in homebrew if you don't sit there and belittle their beer of choice.

In fact, I spent Halloween drinking a 30 rack of Labatt's with a few BMC friends and it wasn't nearly as awful of an experience as I thought it would be. Not that I plan to make a habit of it. :)

bierhaus15 said:
I was pretty much the poster child for beer snobbery, but I try to be less judgmental these days. People are more likely to take an interest in homebrew if you don't sit there and belittle their beer of choice.

In fact, I spent Halloween drinking a 30 rack of Labatt's with a few BMC friends and it wasn't nearly as awful of an experience as I thought it would be. Not that I plan to make a habit of it. :)

I am trying my best to not become a beer snob and have so far kept me comments to myself, but find it hard to watch my friends drink bad beer and have them say that they have never had a good home brewed beer. It is almost programmed in us to drink Bud or Michelob based on the huge number of ads out there. It is hard to have people open their eyes to a different side of the beer industry with all of these ads constantly in our faces.

Wouldn't it be great to go to a sporting event and be able to get a good craft beer that would maybe be worth the $8.50 that they charge for the yellow fizzy stuff? I guess that would happen only in a perfect world.

I remember a time, when any beer really tasted like god awful crap. (I was 16)

amazing, isn't it, that even Keystone had so much flavor?

so I sympathize with the BMC crowd for I know that there, but for the grace of homebrew, go I.

But those effers are SO freaking wrong!!!!! Like right?

how can they stand to be retarded?

Be glad that you been saved.

I went to the Buccaneers football game yesterday and tailgated with another homebrewer where we exchanged many of our beers to critique and enjoy before the game. When it can to game time we headed into the stadium and decided to purchase another beer Michelob Light (all they had where we were seated) and let me tell you, I will never do that again. I cannot believe how my taste for beer has changed in the few short months that I have been brewing my own beer. I ended up throwing out my $8.50 beer around half full as I could barely choke it down. I don't how for so many years I could have been so blind to the world of homebrewing before. :mug:

Another convert! :ban:
Here's to drinking beer that has flavour! :mug:
Regards, GF.

Wouldn't it be great to go to a sporting event and be able to get a good craft beer that would maybe be worth the $8.50 that they charge for the yellow fizzy stuff? I guess that would happen only in a perfect world.
Here at Reds games they have local brews next to BMC at every or nearly every beer dispensing station.

Back