Cannonball Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockthemike

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

My first home brew, northern brewers Dead Ringer IPA, finished fermenting and today I moved it into a cannonball mini keg.

I don't have a great understanding of the process but am having an issue. After sanitizing the keg, I filled it and have the Co2 running.

I was attempting to pour a tiny glass to taste but when I flip the tap handle, nothing comes out at all.

I released the pressure and disconnected and reconnected everything. I didn't see a blockage anywhere.

I assume that as soon as the pressure is on, the tap should pour even if the beer is flat. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Michael

Are you sure that the ball lock connector for the tap handle line is fully connected to the keg?
What happens in you remove the tap handle connector and slightly push in the center of the ball lock connector on the keg?

Sprayed all over my face and ceiling :)
Heh. I guess we'd agree your leg is carbonated. You didn't answer the first question about whether the line with the tap handle was properly connected so I'll assume it was.

It would seem you've narrowed it down to a faulty tap handle or a bad ball lock liquid side connector?

fwiw, when i clean my kegs (including my cannon ball, I fill with cleaner/sanitizers and connect the lines to run come sanitizer through the lines, This lets me know everything is working before adding the beer.

as for connecting the gas line lets you know you are properly connected. You may not have the out line full connected as already mentioned

Back