Candy Corn "Wine"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadesManna

Pagan Vintner
Reaction score
It's that time of year, again. When that mysterious candy appears in all of the stores, as jewelry, and as decorations. Yes, I'm talking about candy corn. It's kind of like Miracle Whip; either you hate it, or you love it.

Either way, it's mostly made of four kinds of sugar, some coloring, and that's about it. So it got me to thinking, could I make candy corn "wine?" I put the wine in quotes, because any alcohol made out of candy corn just doesn't seem fit to be called wine. Hooch, maybe. Wine? Not so much. Would it be possible? Just a matter of dissolving the candy corn kernels in hot water, then going through the normal other steps for fermenting? Would it be orange?!

If any folks have theories (or have made it, but that's a long shot), please chime in.

Thank you! Kind of disappointing that it turned out tasting like an average wine, though. I guess most of the subtle candy corn flavors either fermented off, or are mainly the mix of four different sweeteners.

Back