Canadians... who do you order equipment from? How do you ship?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkeeg

Reaction score
I've used northernbrewer.com ... they were very helpful on the phone, and I find their web page the most friendly of any I've seen (morebeer, austinhomebrew.)

The only thing I don't like is that they insist on using UPS, who generally totally blow for bringing things north. (Shipping to Montana, a few hours away from me: $7.99 ... shipping to me: $35, PLUS brokerage, which is usually a rape... shipping will be at least 40% of the cost of my order this time.)

I have a bit of experience shipping across the border, and actually plain old USPS often seems to be the best. I don't know any online brew retailers who use them though.

Thoughts?

Austin Homebrew Supply will ship USPS if you ask them. I've dealt with them several times and the purchases have been flawless.

For equipment I'd definitely go with Austin Homebrew. As McKBrew mentioned there are Canadian online vendors for ingredients now that I would definitely check out.

Cool, thanks guys!
As I said, I've been very happy with northernbrewer service in the past... however, I emailed them inquiring about other shipment methods, and they quite flatly said "Yes, UPS is exorbitantly expensive going to Canada, but it's the only carrier we use. Why don't you 'simply' have us ship it by UPS to someone you know in the states, and have them USPS it to you?" ...thanks guys, that's so convenient....

Thanks for the links all, I'll check them out!

Back