Can you mod a normal stove to use a multi-jet burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjlammer

Reaction score
So, I am getting a little tired of waiting thirty minutes for my natural gas stove to boil my wort. I saw those cajun coooker multi-jet natural gas burners online, and wondered if i could connect them to my stove. (with a little modification to the cook top?

I popped the lid on the stove and found that the burners just sit on the gas-valve out. Like a grill, the inlet tube to the burner has a gap (to prevent pressurization?)

Does anyone know if i can just hook the burner up to the gas out for the original burner (with no gap).

PS. I would be pretty sweet to have pasta ready in 7 minutes, faucet to plate!!!!!!!

I'm no plumber, but on the face of it I would say no because I think the jet burners you are thinking of work on propane which comes at a different pressure and burns at a slightly diff temp than natural gas.

Also I'm pretty sure your insurance would not cover your house burning down when they discover the modification you made.

You can get jet burners that are made for natural gas use. However, others on this forum with them have pointed out that they really are set up for one gas flow rate. Essentially they can be on or off at that flow rate, but above or below these flow rates the flame will be inefficient or sooty.

If you want to be able to adjust the flow rate (and temperature) you need a burner that premixes the gas and air. You may want to consider these:

3-Ring Burner (natural gas) - CHINESE WOK RANGES - RANGES - EQUIPMENT

These will not really fit into your stove, though. You can build a rig around these. You can also buy a commercial range that has these, but it won't look much like the average Kenmore.

Back