Can you help me identify these rhizomes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesooohoppy

Reaction score
Long story short, I ordered 5 from my LHBS. Well, there are five labeled, but only four total.

The guy gave them to me since he said they'll just get throw away if they stay at the store. I will not plant them if I cannot be 100% sure if they are. The guy also mentioned the one labeled sterling could possibly not be sterling, but mt hood.

Here's where I need your help, can you help me identify any of these?

26150878926_f7a48b99c6_c.jpg

25572074354_3ddb21bbb7_c.jpg

Here are bigger resolutions if needed:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1704/26150878926_6a11bafd4d_k.jpg
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1445/25572074354_34f7a2bf3c_k.jpg

Thank you in advance.

Just going off how they are packaged; label first then stuffed, I would say the last one is sterling. You could always just call it Mt. Sterling...

If you don't want to plant it I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Just going off how they are packaged; label first then stuffed, I would say the last one is sterling. You could always just call it Mt. Sterling...

If you don't want to plant it I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

I will certainly note that :)

With that said, I got a call back from the guy who packaged them. He told me to sharpie out the columbus, and there is my answer. :)

If anyone else can confirm, I would appreciate for piece of mind.

You might just as well post a picture of a dozen eggs and ask us to confirm the colors that will hatch out of them.

Not gonna happen. Welcome to the suck! :)

I would be really interested in finding out just how many of the folks here came here initially, to try to ID something from pictures. I know I did!

TeeJo

My best guess is that the they were labeled from the top down. Of course it looks like the top one was opened (irregular cut) so maybe the cascade was claimed previously and they are from top down Chinook - Sterling

LHBS owner replied back to me and said columbus is what's missing. He claims he can tell cause all of the others looked the same way.

I am going to go back today and request a refund. I am not confident in their rhizomes and the packaging process.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Latest posts

Back