Can You Ever Have "Too Much" Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
I vote "no". SWMBO disagrees, but since when do I listen to her? :rolleyes:

Anyway, here's the non-FC version...15 cases of 12's, 10 cases of large-format, 6 plastic crates:

4914-btls2.JPG

4914-btlslrg1.JPG

4914-crates1.JPG

So its a competition you want eh?

As you would say, oh its on!

;)

Awesome pics, that's the way to do it -brew so much you're almost forced to let the beers age/mature properly. I applaude your efforts, I think it may be possible to brew too much, but you haven't reached it. :D When you're brewing and not making mortgage payments -then its too much.

Ó Flannagáin said:
How much do you have in fermenters?

and, dude, you gotta start kegging. If my poor ass can do it, anyone can.

Just 10 gals right now. I had to take it easy on the brewing...partially to placate the wife, partially because I don't have enough bottles.

Yeah, I know I need to keg. It's in the works, I'm doing all the research. It's on the agenda for right after the New Year.

landhoney said:
So its a competition you want eh?

As you would say, oh its on!

;)

Alright, it's on. You're gonna get SERVED!

Awesome pics, that's the way to do it -brew so much you're almost forced to let the beers age/mature properly. I applaude your efforts, I think it may be possible to brew too much, but you haven't reached it. :D When you're brewing and not making mortgage payments -then its too much.

Yeah, that was always what I wanted to avoid...having to buy beer while my stuff ages. I don't have to worry about that...

And if I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't be doing it. My mortgage payments are direct-withdrawal, so I can't really "miss" one unless I don't have the $$ in my account, which is never.

Too much beer is when it starts going weird because you can't drink it all. I have to restrict my brewing to whenever I float a keg.

No, it's not possible to have too much beer. Although my wife tries to tell me otherwise from time to time as well. Right now I have about 20 cases spread out over about 13 different batches and I haven't brewed for almost 2 months now.

There's a double brewday coming this weekend to fill the kegging equipment that I have on the way. :rockin:

the_bird said:
Nobody's mentioned the fact that Evan! works in a packie that specializes in high-end craft brews that he can buy at cost....

ha, I still get a kick out of the term "packie" every time I visit my uncle on the cape.

the funny thing about craft beer is that the market forces a really low markup on it relative to wine. Wine sees maybe 30-35% markup on most stuff, beer sees maybe half that. So even at wholesale it's not a HUGE savings. But it's still savings. I don't buy much anymore unless it's special or new...hard to pay for beer when I've got so much waiting to be guzzled at home.

We brew a lot and probly have about 60 gals bottled and kegged on hand at any time.We aint never runnin out!
Cheers:mug:

No such thing as too much beer. My husband informed me this weekend that we have over 16 cases of empty 12oz bottles... i guess he was challenging me to fill them!

I was looking at the photo forum trying to find a bar set up when I saw Evan's pic of "too much beer." How can you attractively store a beer stash like Evan's (or mine) without having boxes of beer stacked up all over the place?

I have taken over the breakfast nook of our kitchen with fermenters and cases of beer. My wife wants her kitchen back, and she will trade me for the living room. The living room is pretty much empty right now, so I can start from scratch. I want to build a bar, which would have a space to stash 4 fermenters, 12 cases of 22 oz. bottles and maybe 120 12 oz. bottles.

The living room is right off of the kitchen, so I won't need a sink or refrigerator. I don't have room for a 'keezer. Do any of you bottlers have a nice set up?

mrk305 said:
I don't have room for a 'keezer. Do any of you bottlers have a nice set up?

If you have room for a bar you have room for a Sanyo 4912 "underbar" kegerator. That's 4 cases of bottled beer right there with ease. Kegging is where it's at.

Well, I don't have a stash like Evan's yet, but seeing as how I have only had a home brew kit for 6 days, and I have 3 brews fermenting now and picked up another fermenter yesterday (still need another spigot for it, or would have a 4th brew going) I think I am on a good pace! :)

Sine this thread came back to life I will once again state that it is not possible to ever have too much beer. Evan if you ever need a place to send some unwanted bottles, you have my address :rockin:

c.n.budz said:
No such thing as too much beer. You might have too much beer for your storage area but that just means you need a bigger house, not less beer

truer words have never been spoken:tank:

Evan! said:
I vote "no". SWMBO disagrees, but since when do I listen to her?

Anyway, here's the non-FC version...15 cases of 12's, 10 cases of large-format, 6 plastic crates:

4914-btls2.JPG

4914-btlslrg1.JPG

4914-crates1.JPG
Applause.gif

BRAVO!!! I applaud you Evan!

What temperature are you storing them at? I'd be worried about beer going bad before I could drink it.

Back