Can someone recommend wood for trellis?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stTimer

Reaction score
Obviously it needs to be weather proof so would just plain salt treatd wood work? I can get a 4x4, 16ft long for $13. Thanks as always for any help.

Great! THanks. What length did you use and how did you secure it? Im tryignt o decide if I want to be able to take it down in the winter or not.

I was going to use 16ft poles too, but decided on just 12ft ones. 2 of those feet are in the ground with concrete and then I cut some 2x4s in half and used those as the vertical ones and they go up all 12 feet.

Everything is pressure treated.

Still looks huge with only 12 ft boards

P1040847s.jpg

That does look like more than 12 ft. Luckily I dont have any immediate neighbors. And the one closest to me loves some beer. :) I ordered 6 rhizomes. Im putting 2 in each mound so I think I am going to go with the tent pole set up. This is my first attempt at growing hops. Maybe if it works out well I will put more in next season. Thanks for the input. I will getting that 16 footer this afternoon. Cheers

Back