imperial ipa
6# 6 row malt
.5# belgian aromatic
5# light lme
1oz bullion 7.4% 60 min
2oz kent golding 4.8% 60 min
1oz us saaz 5.8% 15 min
2 packs nottingham

what do you guys think this will be like, especially the hops and the 6 row instead of 2 row? these are just ingrediants i had, so its kinda a frankenstien brew.

oh yea, its a 4 gal batch also.

RCCOLA

Reaction score
I ran the #'s thru here Beer Calculus . homebrew recipe calculator (my favorite free calc.) and the IBU's come up to 54.2 tinseth w/ a gravity of 1.084.Are you dead set on trying an ipa w/ these ingredients?You could make a nice ESB w/some of the grains/extract,bullion,and goldings.
OK Ben, I reworked the ingredients and came up with an almost BJCP english IPA(little light in color) with hops balanced to the gravity.Here it is
http://hopville.com/recipe/51489/english-ipa-recipes/bens-freakinstein-ipa Ijust don't know how the saaz will come across or what the aromatic will add.Could be interesting.

OP
OP
B

benl560

Reaction score
your name reminds me of the recola commercial, piping over the mountains. sorry , drank two hearted ale all night long. i checked the thread about 5 min. before you posted...said the hell with it and just brewed what i had. i like the way you did the hops...and that website is awesome. i plugged in what i did and i guess if i add .5gal water i think ill be in the english ipa realm(barely,maybe)...

thanks for the help though.. i think ill go buy another oz goldings to dry hop with. excellent idea. for some r3eason i would never have thought of that hop schedule.
it is bubbling with fervor right now, 5 hours after i pitched the yeast. ill let you know how it turns out.

Latest posts