Can someone help me with my excel recipe builder?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elysium

Reaction score
I would like to share my auto-recipe builder that I have made out of an excel sheet I used to use for brewing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mx1zZj-Q9Bw5AvIflxuBsKyEOEu3zA7I87TpMSxp8ek/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone can edit it online.....messing it up wont really make a difference to me as it is not the original file. :p

I know there are loads of apps out there, but I would like to learn it from scratch and it is not easy. :)

This is a recipe that is of a mini batch that I wanna do in a small pot and start with 11 liters of water and then add 2 liters of water after the mash. Eventually after the boil I'd like to have 9 liters of wort and add 6 liters of cold water to dilute it to 15 liters.

I started by looking at what my FG should be in the fermentor and worked from that using an estimated 75% efficiency.

I am just wondering if someone would suggest some changes or might say that my calculation is incorrect. It'd be helpful.

Bear in mind that most of the things are estimated at this stage in this recipe/calculation.

Cheers

P.S. Feel free to download it and use it if you like it at all and find it useful

I would like to share my auto-recipe builder that I have made out of an excel sheet I used to use for brewing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0K5rvKWhkQYdzdKMmNPalg5a2M/view?usp=sharing

I know there are loads of apps out there, but I would like to learn it from scratch and it is not easy. :)

This is a recipe that is of a mini batch that I wanna do in a small pot and start with 11 liters of water and then add 2 liters of water after the mash. Eventually after the boil I'd like to have 9 liters of wort and add 6 liters of cold water to dilute it to 15 liters.

I started by looking at what my FG should be in the fermentor and worked from that using an estimated 75% efficiency.

I am just wondering if someone would suggest some changes or might say that my calculation is incorrect. It'd be helpful.

Bear in mind that most of the things are estimated at this stage in this recipe/calculation.

Cheers

P.S. Feel free to download it and use it if you like it at all and find it useful

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10O2QEn2BXApOupb5nms4mEDSTIipFaFkF3maTdJOIeg/edit?usp=sharing

Try this out to get a feel for some of the calcs. I looked your sheet over and wasnt able to follow everything you have going on. Maybe try grouping pertinent sections together.

It is a mess....my mess. :) But I thought it was a good starting point and a way to learn. :D

I'll have a look at your. Cheers.

Mine needs some revision as their are some mistakes in all 5 sections but the spirit is there.

I have a better copy I am hesitant to share because it has a certain water software incorporated into it.

Back