can i save it?? beer infection !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taste it. If you like it keep it. It won't hurt you to drink it unless you don't like it.

the question begging to be asked..... why 1.5 months in primary????

I have had beers sit in primary for longer than 1.5 months and it didn't get an infection. This is a sanitization problem not a problem of it sitting on the yeast.

never implied it had anything to do with yeast. Its a porter, no need for lengthy primary was all I was saying. The OP answered the question.

I know, i dint have time to transfer o bottle the beer

Someone got invited two weeks ahead of time to their friends' house for a lasagna dinner. Two weeks later, when they sat down to eat, the middle of the lasagna was still frozen. The hostess said, "Sorry, I didn't have time to thaw it."

Just an anecdotal reminder that making time to attend to your brew is necessary if you want good beer. :mug:

thanks for yours answers smells like apples, i am going to start all over again and sanitize everything

Back