Can i move to secondary ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipbr21054

Reaction score
I am making a youngs bitter & the instructions are very basic.
I checked the gravity at the start and it was 1.040 this was 13 days ago.
Instructions say wait until it gets to 1.060 before moving it to secondary.
I checked the gravity 3 days ago and it was 1.008 and have just checked it again and it is stil 1.008.
Can i now move to my second bin add priming sugar then bottle "secondary" ?

Thanks

Thanks,
Normal situation now to leave in warm room for 14 days ?

Typically people follow the 1-2-3 method for bottling. One week in the primary to ferment, two weeks in the secondary to clear, and three weeks in the bottle to carbonate. You may have carbonation after 14 days but it may take longer. Give one a try after 14 and see how it is. But yes, do it at room temperature (not hot).

the room i use is 23 degrees c.
Please advise on this if you can.
I made a bitter say 2 months ago and tried a pint 3 weeks after i botteled it but the head lasted about 3 minutes,i tried another say 3 weeks after that and stil the same.Is there anything i can do so i get a head that stays.

Did you ferment at that temperature? You might have some fruity flavors as a result. For carbing you should be okay. Just keep them out of direct sunlight.

You're pretty much stuck with the head properties you have now. Some guys add a bit of wheat malt to their brew to aid in head retention.

Back