Can I fix it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmbox12

Reaction score
Brewed up a batch of Kolsch a few weeks ago, got it in the bottles, while cleaning up discovered the priming sugar never made it in the bottling bucket. What the *ell is wrong with me, anyways uncapped them all and added a teaspoon of the priming sugar. So 2 weeks later when trying them out they seem flat. Do I uncap the rest and add more. or leave it alone. they are flat not kind of flat

I add dry priming sugar to my bottles all the time, 3/4 of a teaspoon for a 12 oz bottle. one time I realized after 3 weeks of conditioning that my helper on bottling day only put 1/4 teaspoon and I had no carbination I tried to add more sugar but when it hit the beer if it just foamed out of control never did carb completly we used most of it to cook brats and make bread, hushpupies and batter for frying. I think if you add more sugar you could run the risk of bottle bombs give it more time a teaspoon should be enough.

Back