Can I de-bitter this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyTheBrewer

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I have a few parties coming up that I've be tasked to provide beer for. I didnt have much time so I had to work with what I had. I've only done about 5 AG brews but all have come out fine.

Since I was only going for a session beer that would be gone in a night, I just used the rest of of my 2-row pale.

9.5 kg 2-row
1.5 oz cascade 60 min
0.5 oz cascade 30 min
1.0 oz fuggles 15 min

Post boil gravity 1.052
Final gravity (as it stands now, 12 days after pitching) 1.011

Im rushing this beer a bit... and it will be served a bit young but like I said, it will be served to hooligans. My problem is... it's too damn bitter. I tried a bit out of the fermenter today and it caught me off guard. It's a seemingly normal looking blonde with a big bite! Ive never used only base malt for a brew but I've got to say, it doesn't leave much room for hops.

So my question, can I take this down a notch somehow? Maybe dryhop to add aroma so at least when you bring it up to your face you expect bitter?

My patrons may just need to man-up ;)

Thanks

Carbonation bring down the bitterness so if you know its going to be too bitter the only thing I can suggest is to mix it with another batch but that won't help you time wise unless you have something in your pipeline thats more sweety or balanced....

Back