can i bottle once kegged?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidman

Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon keg and I would like to bottle some of it to take for family for the holidays. Is there any way to do that?

Yes, you can bottle off a keg and that thread shows a really cheap way to do it. It works well as long as you keep the pressure really low and keep everything cold. You'll want to overcarb the beer slightly if you want to store the bottles, since some CO2 is lost in transfer.

If you just want to bring some beer to share, the easiest way is to just fill a growler or 2. Much easier than individual bottles.

We always carb in the keg and use a Blichmann beer gun to bottle. We don't lose much beer as someone eluded to earlier in the thread. Plenty of youtube videos of this in action.

We always carb in the keg and use a Blichmann beer gun to bottle. We don't lose much beer as someone eluded to earlier in the thread. Plenty of youtube videos of this in action.

Exactly what I do. No more priming sugar. I even do my belgians this way

Back