Can I Bottle my Kegged Homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschatz

Reaction score
:confused: This may just be stupid. But i really like kegging and having beer on tap, for obvious convenient reasons. However, sometimes i would like to give some people bottles or use them for competitions. Is it possible to bottle a keg beer? Who knows?!

I've got enough stainless tubing to make another counter-pressure filler. All I would need to get is the brass fittings. I'll give it to you at cost if you're interested.

If you use biermuncher's method will the force carbonation from the keg be enough? Should I throw a carb tab or two in there as well?

wildwest450 said:
If you use biermuncher's method will the force carbonation from the keg be enough? Should I throw a carb tab or two in there as well?

The carbonation seems to stay just fine. I'm planning on doing a few more, but the ones I've sent out in beer swaps have been fine so far. I think I bottled a few about 4 weeks ago or so, and Bernie Brewer just opened one yesterday, I think.

This is the one I built. And like I said, I have enough stainless to make another if anyone is interested.
counterfill11.jpg
Edit...The only thing that's missing in the photo is the rubber stopper that seals against the bottle...

Probably around $50 or so. When I built mine, including all of the tubing to connect to the keg and CO2, the cost wasn't that much different from the one that northern brewer has, including the tubing (items #7206 & 7207), but I had to get 3 ft. of the stainless from McMaster-Carr. Solbergg has PM'd me about it, so he's got first dibs. I'll price all of the brass fittings at home depot, and I'll make it with whatever connection type you want for gas and liquid.

If you look at the Northern Brewer one, they just have barbs on the thing, which you attach the lines and have to clamp them on. The other ends of the tubing are the flare fittings to attach to a liquid out on a keg and to your CO2 system. Mine does not have barbs. I use a flared fitting on the liquid in side which then has 6 ft of tubing connected to a liquid out ball lock. The gas side is very different. All of my CO2 lines are 1/4'' push connect fittings so I can completely disconnect any lines not in use, or just plug into the manifold to get CO2 anytime.

I will build it however you want. With the tubing, or without, in whatever connection configuration works on your system. If you want to do the tubing yourself, you should be able to find the parts at your LHBS or any online homebrew supply.

I just use my cobra tap with 3/8 tubing slid over the spigot. I attach my bottling wand and adjust the dispensing pressure to about 5 pounds. I chill the bottles and fill like normal. I get very little foaming and the beers have stayed carbonated.
Works great for growlers too.

Hi, SPACE ACE here, I think that you could bottle a keg beer, although as you dispence it you are going to loose some carbonation, so you might want to jack up the keg another atmosphere, or really cool it down low( just before freezing say 36 degrees) to force the c02 to go into suspension so less will be lost. let me know if this helps,..ACE...

Back