Can I bottle from the pressure barrel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurch9494

Reaction score
Hi

Just starting my first brew (larger kit) and all is going well, the brew fermented in seven days (constant 1006 reading over two days) and I have carefully "racked" it into a pressure barrel with some more sugar as described in the kit. I was wondering if it is possible to bottle the brew after it has cleared just so I can chill it in the fridge and/or transport it? Will this 'flatten' the beer or cuase other problems?

Many thanks

Brian :)

Is a pressure barrel like a cask for serving beer from? There are ways to bottle from kegs that have CO2 hooked up, but I'm not sure about actually bottling from casks. If you've just primed it I don't see why you couldn't siphon beer into bottles and cap it. If it's already carbed though, you can't just drain into the bottles, it'll go flat.

Thanks!

I did think it might go flat lol, just have to clear a BIG spot in the freezer an hour or so before I serve it up!

Back