Can I boil tomorrow?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junior

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I did my first all grain mash and I am running late, can I put the wort in the refrigerator and boil tomorrow? If so do I have to refrigerate or leave at room temperature? Thank's

Can you get it up to a boiling temperature for at least a few minutes first? Grain is covered with lactobacillus and I'd be concerned about not bringing it up to a quick boil before sticking it in the fridge because of that. I'm afraid the wort would sour slightly in 24 hours without a quick boil.

Can you get it up to a boiling temperature for at least a few minutes first? Grain is covered with lactobacillus and I'd be concerned about not bringing it up to a quick boil before sticking it in the fridge because of that. I'm afraid the wort would sour slightly in 24 hours without a quick boil.
Yooper, thank's for the quick reply, yes I can, how long will it take to make it safe for storage?

Back