Can I add fruit to a boring White Wine kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seph

Reaction score
A while back Midwest had a buy one get one free on Coastal White wine kits. So I got two. Everyone said that it just tasted like jet fuel. So what I'm looking to do is liven it up a little and make it a little more drinkable buy adding something to it. Berry season is in full swing here in Maine, and I was thinking of going that route, but I'm not too sure of how to do it.

Should I just add berries to the secondary like I would a beer? And how much to use. I'm just looking for a little guidance.

Thanks everyone,

Seph

Sure you can, but you might end up with fruit flavored jet fuel....sounds as though you might want to address fermentation temps with regards to your yeast....some yeasts can handle higher temps ok, some give you "rocket fuel" flavors.....also, how old was the jet fuel tasting wine??? Age can help mellow some flavors, and young mead/wine will never be as good as it will be in a year or more, just wondering if it was young at the time?

As far as adding fruit, sure you can add it ... primary, secondary, both, whatever suits your fancy. I do all three ways with my meads, depending on my mood...

I got them. I thought that they taste ok.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back