Can anyone tell me the best way to wash/have yeast for minibatches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elysium

Reaction score
I would like to experiment with hops/malts doing mini-batches.
Really small ones....like 0.2 gallon batches (0.2 g will be what goes into a bottle that I will use as a fermentor).

Now....the problem is healthy, good yeast.

Can anyone give me a few tips how to maintain a fair amount of yeast in the fridge (washed from a 5 gallon batch) for my mini-batches?
Or is there a method people use (maybe detailed on some websites) to do such things?

Thanks.

Check the sticky at the top of this forum. Also there's an article around here I've only seen when accessing from actual computer called 'a novel approach to yeast washing'. I prefer to get a few pitches from a single vial/pack so I 'ranch' it from a gallon starter. I describe it on my journal @ www.thehomebrewlife.com it's easy assuming you're clean.

Check the sticky at the top of this forum. Also there's an article around here I've only seen when accessing from actual computer called 'a novel approach to yeast washing'. I prefer to get a few pitches from a single vial/pack so I 'ranch' it from a gallon starter. I describe it on my journal @ www.thehomebrewlife.com it's easy assuming you're clean.

Thanks. What is the exact title of that article on your journal?

Back