Can anyone give me an idea on how good Midas Touch is?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never tried it, but nearly every Dogfish Head beer I've tried has been pleasing to the palate. You should check Beer Advocate.

I had a couple of bottles of it last year. I didn't care for it.

It didn't strike me as anything extraordinary. I have no idea what you'll be paying for it in Spain, but it's almost certainly not worth it. It's already pricey here.

I've had it, but it's been a few years ago. I did like it, but it's not something I'm going down the 4-pk in an hour or 2. Definitely just a one here & there for me. Interesting flavor profile. Sweet, but not Samiclaus sweet. I would buy it again if i didn't keep finding new beers to try.

I also did not care a whole lot for Midas Touch at the time (a few years ago), but I DID like Chateau Jiahu. I found MT overly dry and thin, which, on second thought, I might appreciate a bit more today. Chateau Jiahu on the other hand was simply unique and different; not an everyday drinker but a bottle here and there is good.

I had it once about a year ago..I didn't care much for it either. The spices are interesting, but I couldn't drink more than one in a sitting. It's an intriguing idea, but it's nothing too fantastic..

I also thought it was terrible. And the archeological premise seemed suspect, why did they think they were all in the same drink, and the cup was not used to drink different beverages at different times? A king would likely have access to many fine beverages that were made in the area.

Same as Yooper.

It was interesting to try to expand my palate, but definitely not something I would buy for regular consumption. I could taste the honey or at least the sweetness of honey in it, but other than that, it wasnt my kind of beer.

Back