Can a stout faucet be used like a regular one?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paranode

Reaction score
Not asking whether you should use the restrictor plate to push CO2 but rather whether you can use a stout faucet as a regular faucet if you have a non-stout beer hooked up to it.

The reason I'm asking is because I'll be doing the Sanyo kegerator and I plan to have a stout/nitrogen tap but I can only fit two kegs in there at a time. So I'm wondering if I have two non-stouts on tap whether I can still use the stout faucet as a regular faucet or if I'll have to take it off and put a normal faucet on while I have another beer hooked up.

Alternatively I'll just do a three-faucet tower and hook it up where appropriate (though this is going to cost me more).

Thanks. :)

Well, with the issue of cost aside, swapping faucets would be a very easy solution, especially since you probably want to take the faucet off when you change out a keg to clean it anyway... I don't know how long it takes to swap a restrictor plate in and out, but swapping a faucet takes just seconds.

All you need to do is pop out the restrictor disc and flow straightener. It's cheaper than a third faucet...until the restrictor gets lost and you have to buy more and pay for shipping and wait and wait and did I mention wait?

The triple tower is obviously the most expensive option.

Personally, I have the Sanyo and a dual tower with one 2 Perlicks and a stout faucet that I just swap in and out as needed. As mentioned in the post above, it takes seconds.

Ok thanks for the info. I think I'll stick with the two-faucet tower then and switch 'em out as needed.

Back