Calorie content - Weight Watchers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liberty97045

Reaction score
One of the penalties for enjoying good beer (and getting older) is the beer gut.

The Weight Watchers book shows that a light beer is 4 points and a "regular" is 5 points.

I assume that by regular they mean Bud, Miller and the like but I suspect that the dark ales, IPAs, etc that I prefer have more than that.

Has anyone out there taken the time to figure out the points value of a micro/home brew?

I use an app on my iPhone for formulating recipes that calculates an approximate calorie content... I have recipes ranging from about 150 to over 400 calories per bottle so, the point spread will probably vary quite a bit for different styles of homebrew... for anyone interested in counting.

I use myplate on livestrong..
http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/

Nice app, I can add all kinds of foods and exercise.. really helping me work out how much I have to exercise and what foods to cut to keep up my drinking habit :)

Down 12 pounds this year.. still got more to shed...

Back