Calling all yeast nerds!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusan Kovacevic

Reaction score
Does anyone know any good, up to date, reads on yeast?
I'll take anything: books, articles, papers, forum threads, blogs, toilet wall writings...

Here's a list of what I have already read so you can skip those:
-Yeast by C. White
-Sui Generis website
-Milk the Funk
-Bootleg Biology
-Eurekabrewing
-BKYeast
-Pretty much everything on yeast banking on homebrewtalk
- Good amount of stuff from S. Cerevisiae/Mark on AHA forum but feel free to share any good links from him as I probably skipped something.

I'm interested in pretty much any topic regarding yeast apart from history of yeast in brewing, can't read that anymore..

Does anyone know any good, up to date, reads on yeast?
I'll take anything: books, articles, papers, forum threads, blogs, toilet wall writings...

Here's a list of what I have already read so you can skip those:
-Yeast by C. White
-Sui Generis website
-Milk the Funk
-Bootleg Biology
-Eurekabrewing
-BKYeast
-Pretty much everything on yeast banking on homebrewtalk
- Good amount of stuff from S. Cerevisiae/Mark on AHA forum but feel free to share any good links from him as I probably skipped something.

I'm interested in pretty much any topic regarding yeast apart from history of yeast in brewing, can't read that anymore..

I enjoy anything by Graham Stewart - he has several episodes on Master Brewers Podcast

He's old as dirt and basically a British caricature (he's hilarious when you listen to him speak.. sounds like a drunk 18th century army officer), but there's no one alive (IMO) that knows more about yeast (or has forgotten more in all likelihood)

I enjoy anything by Graham Stewart - he has several episodes on Master Brewers Podcast

He's old as dirt and basically a British caricature (he's hilarious when you listen to him speak.. sounds like a drunk 18th century army officer), but there's no one alive (IMO) that knows more about yeast (or has forgotten more in all likelihood)
Somehow I never came across him before.
This is what exatcly what I was looking for. Thanks mate.
Hope others chime in with more good stuff like this.

+1 on anything from Graham, he spent most of his career at Labatt before being headhunted to head up brewing & distilling at Heriot-Watt, which is the main British academic centre for fermentation, I guess the equivalent of Weihenstephan or somewhere. He spent some of his retirement writing a Big Book of yeast, you may be interested in the Google preview if not the £120/~US$150 hardcopy!

Talking of professors at Scottish universities, Lallemand do various webinars etc and today had Graeme Walker on to talk about yeast nutrition :
https://www.crowdcast.io/e/yeastnutrition/
Suregork (sometimes seen around here) blogs occasionally : Suregork Loves Beer | Beer Reviews, Homebrew, Rambling

+1 on anything from Graham, he spent most of his career at Labatt before being headhunted to head up brewing & distilling at Heriot-Watt, which is the main British academic centre for fermentation, I guess the equivalent of Weihenstephan or somewhere. He spent some of his retirement writing a Big Book of yeast, you may be interested in the Google preview if not the £120/~US$150 hardcopy!

Talking of professors at Scottish universities, Lallemand do various webinars etc and today had Graeme Walker on to talk about yeast nutrition :
https://www.crowdcast.io/e/yeastnutrition/
Suregork (sometimes seen around here) blogs occasionally : Suregork Loves Beer | Beer Reviews, Homebrew, Rambling
Thanks for that mate, this all looks very cool.
I actually tried to contact Suregork to ask him to try to demystify a few things around yeast mating and isolation for us non scientists. Hope he finds time for that, but I doubt it.

Back