California Brewing Co. hop yard picts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn man,......how much are you planning on growing. those poles look like they could hold up an elephant

I wish I could put something like that in my yard, but the landlord might say something...

damn man,......how much are you planning on growing. those poles look like they could hold up an elephant
ya there big and beefy but the wind where those are can get to 60mph and better often and just the plants alone will weigh 10000# or better total

No going half measures with you, is there?

Now EvilTOJ, Is there any other way but FULL TILT :rockin: LOL
JJ

how many plants are you figuring per pole? 10000# is alot of hops. very nice setup though. im jelous

I like the eye hooks on the top of the poles; I was planning to use those to hold some poly rope or aircraft cable to which I attach the twines. At harvest time, I should be able to unhook the ends of the main rope and let them rise, which will lower the main cable and the tops of the bines. Of course, I was going to use fencepoles, not telephone poles...

Where are you located?

Looks like your hop farm should survive 60mph winds and thermo-nuclear war

how many plants are you figuring per pole? 10000# is alot of hops. very nice setup though. im jelous
56 plants @ 75# per bine (x 2 like the big dogs do it) per rhizome = 8400# + 600# cable and hardware = 9000# adding a wind factor of 60 mph I might have enough, its a streach I know, I know.. but were hopefull to have enough umph LOL What you all dont see is we are going to double the yeald next year and add another 64 plants so the poles and cabling has to be able to handle the load... not just this year but double for next year.
I like the eye hooks on the top of the poles; I was planning to use those to hold some poly rope or aircraft cable to which I attach the twines. At harvest time, I should be able to unhook the ends of the main rope and let them rise, which will lower the main cable and the tops of the bines. Of course, I was going to use fencepoles, not telephone poles...

I got those poles CHEEP from my old employer (Sierra Pacific Ind.) I couldnt pass them up and there going to do the trick for us now and into the future.
Is that it? I was picturing something large-scale.

Just kidding, man. Crap, that's awesome.
Thanks man I think so too... I just cant get over it.
I am going to get into the brewing ind. one way or another :D

Back