c02 tank / regulator trouble (keggin noob)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idigg

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just got my new co2 tank filled, its a 5lb tank from keg connection. I cannot figure this out, but wanted to make sure I have it hooked up right.

It looks like its at 750-775 psi for a 5lb tank, is that even right? I open the tank knob, put the red handle down, and turn the adjustment screw, and I'm not getting any PSI on my top gauge. I even tried hooking it up to an empty corny and nothing. I did use the gasket as well, any ideas?

2011-07-12%2019.28.24.jpg

Thanks - Justin

ummmm...the red "flap" between the 2 gauges is the vent...it is open in the pick....flip it down

It looks like its at 750-775 psi for a 5lb tank, is that even right?

The high pressure gauge doesn't really tell you anything, and the reading will change as the temperature of the tank changes. Don't worry about what number it reads, just know that if it shows pressure then it means there's gas in the tank.

I open the tank knob, put the red handle down, and turn the adjustment screw, and I'm not getting any PSI on my top gauge.

The red handle is the pressure relief valve and should be left closed (down) unless you need to relieve the pressure at the regulator for some strange reason. Most regulators increase pressure by screwing the adjustment bolt in, or clockwise. How many clockwise turns did you give it? My guess is that you simply haven't screwed the adjustment bolt in far enough.

It was 2 things, I had the red flap up, which it was relieving pressure, and I was turning the screw the wrong way. It is working now, sorry guys.

Back