C-Brite..??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyb15fd

Reaction score
Im a new homebrewer and my kit came with a cleanser called C-Brite.. Is this a good product to use or should I throw it in the garbage.? The True Brew Kit is a very good kit but so far all the instructions it has given were way off and thanks to my buds at HBT my first batch was a success... Let me know

c-bright works fine. When you run out of that I'd recomend oxyclean or PBW. Lots of people use oxyclean beacuse it's cheap and effective.

I thought they give cbrite as a sanitizer, not a cleaner.
I used it on my first batch Then switched to star san.

Not sure.. It says cleanser on the bag and they come in .8 oz packets and it says to use 2 oz per 2 1/2 gal of water..

when you rinse per the instructions, aren't you introducing new bacteria to the sanatized surface?

I never wash anything except for the brew kettle. I scrub that down with a very diluted solution of dishwashing detergent and rinse with cold water. I only scrup with the grain.

The six 6.5 gallon carboys and all of my other equipment just get rinsed with hot water until I get ready to use them. At that time, I sit them upside down and spray them in and out with starsan.

Oh, the carboys are stored with water inside.

I found that washing a bottling bucket in the past started to dull the food grade surface. I think that will give the bacteria a place to form.

Is the C-brite a non rinse..? Just spray it on and leave it for 1 minute and it will dry or do I have to wipe it clean..?

+1 on using oxyclean or any generic version of sodium percarbonate. Just stay away from the ones with added fragrances. Walmart carries one called Sun which is about $2 per tub and works great. Use up your c brite, than pick some up.

Back