Bypass thermometer on Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris R

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know this is a longshot - I am new here and trying to figure out how to bypass my failing (failed) thermostat on my outdoor keg refrigerator. I just had this part replaced last year and one year and one day, it went out again. Appliance repair company said, sorry, over one year...

This is the thermostat I have.
https://www.heritageparts.com/Manufacturers/Marvel/MARVEL-CONTROL-MODULE-KIT/p/MVL42246442 (Model of fridge is RF24T by DCS and part is : 42246442) and due to its price would prefer to not buy this part and service again. I found it as a floor model but it had never been used, it worked great for 6 years but has had the same issue again. The compressor will come on when it feels like it now.

I was planning on using an external control and have heard I can just bypass the thermostat so it is always running if it has power from the external controller.

If anyone has any ideas, thanks in advance!
Chris

Back