buying thermostat control for keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freefallnick

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone know of any chain stores or any brick and morter stores that sell something like the "Johnson Controls Digital Thermostat Control Unit". I wanted to build my keezer tonight for weekend use if I can find all the parts for the taps and keg lines and everything. I suppose I could just dangle a little remote thermometer in there and just manually plug and unplug the freezer as needed. Would be nice If I could get the controller though..

Have you tried your local homebrew store? That is where I got mine although I went with the analog one.

Where in WA are you?

Hm, you know I didn't even think to ask, I'm going there tonight for the kegerator conversion parts, I'll ask them. A local hardware stuff suggested one place about 30 miles south of me that sells the same type of analog controller thing to operate fan systems in greenhouses. They are 70 though, are analog and the temp range is like 40-150 degrees. How cold do I need it to go?

I think you will want it colder than 40 degrees. It's one of those things where you really need to buy the right product. I think I paid 60-65 bucks for my Analog and it works great.

I have to think your LHBS would normally stock them.

I think you will want it colder than 40 degrees. It's one of those things where you really need to buy the right product. I think I paid 60-65 bucks for my Analog and it works great.

I have to think your LHBS would normally stock them.

I keep my kegerator at 45 +/-. I see no reason to make my beer colder, since it will only kill the flavor.

hmm, I was thinking of keeping it on the low 40s, I dont know, I will see what my lhbs has and go from there. I did want the johnson one because its digital and all that. How long will the beer last if i keep it mid to low 40s? I plan to get a 1/4 commercial keg this saturday and will be having another bash at our house on july 10, if there is beer left over this weekend will it last that long? If so, what will i need to do to make it last that long..

Back