Buying Batch Grains??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korben

Reaction score
I was hoping to do my first non-kit batch soon.. an Irish Red. This recipe come from Schlenkerla on this forum

Here is the steeping grains for the brew

0.50 lbs. Caramel Pils Malt Belgium 1.034 2
0.25 lbs. Special Roast Malt America 1.033 40
0.13 lbs. Biscuit Malt Belgium 1.035 24
0.13 lbs. Chocolate Malt America 1.029 350

I was wondering if any site would allow me to give them this grain bill, mix it and mill it for me? I would buy more grains but at this time I can only brew a batch at a time. I did a search but really couldn't find an answer. I was thinking AHS may do it but not really sure. Thanks!

I was hoping to do my first non-kit batch soon.. an Irish Red. This recipe come from Schlenkerla on this forum

Here is the steeping grains for the brew

0.50 lbs. Caramel Pils Malt Belgium 1.034 2
0.25 lbs. Special Roast Malt America 1.033 40
0.13 lbs. Biscuit Malt Belgium 1.035 24
0.13 lbs. Chocolate Malt America 1.029 350

I was wondering if any site would allow me to give them this grain bill, mix it and mill it for me? I would buy more grains but at this time I can only brew a batch at a time. I did a search but really couldn't find an answer. I was thinking AHS may do it but not really sure. Thanks!

Sure, you can do that. I know that some online brewstores (Northern Brewer, for one) only sell grains in 1 pound increments so that would be out. But AHS does have the option. I've used it myself, before I got my own mill. You can do several recipes, even, and designate them #1, #2, and so on. They'll mix them according to your order. Since they have a flat rate on shipping, you could order enough grains for a couple of batches at a time. They package them in sealed plastic, so the grains (even crushed) will keep for a little while.

I have never ordered online, but Midwest supply will sell by the oz in store. It might be worth giving them a call.

Not only do we sell by the ounce but a cool feature that I like is that you can type in .125 in the lbs field and the site will convert it to 2 ounces.

Brewmasters Warehouse is also the only online store (that I know of) that does not charge "extra" for a partial pound. For example, if the price is $2.00/lb., 8 oz. is $1.00. Other stores will charge around 40% more, e.g. $1.40 for 8oz.

Latest posts

Back