Buy that dog a beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedlam

Reaction score
And here I thought English bulldogs did nothin' but lay around and drool:

[YOUTUBE]CQzUsTFqtW0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a bulldog and will testify that they do more than lay around and drool. The also fart alot. So drooling and farting while laying around, that's about it.

The animal in that video is a Jack Russel in a costume.

I'm trying to convince SWMBO that we should get a bulldog. They're so freaking cool.. too bad they cost a small fortune.

Wow! That Jack Russell really struts his stuff! Too awesome!

I did have a beagle once who learned to fake a limp to get into the house... Nothing NEARLY as impressive as that guy and his skateboard.

Man, and skateboarding is not easy. I think they have an advantage because they won't have to fall as far when they wreck. ;)

ohiobrewtus said:
I'm trying to convince SWMBO that we should get a bulldog. They're so freaking cool.. too bad they cost a small fortune.
Ah, but to offset the "coolness" they have medical problems (cherry eye, entropism, restricted breathing passages, skin problems, etc.), hygiene issues (cleaning out facial wrinkles and tail pockets), disgusting habits (drooling, farting, sneezing, messy eaters, etc.) and require air conditioning starting at about 80* (if not below) in your home and vehicle. They walk slow and snore loud (although I have trouble sleeping without it now).

Having said that, I will probably always have a bully. They are very loving and can be very expressive...almost clownish. Their cost and additional maintenance are more than offset by their personalities.

8349-meathead.jpg

But I am really serious about their farting and snoring. It is bad.

Jekster said:
Man, and skateboarding is not easy. I think they have an advantage because they won't have to fall as far when they wreck. ;)

I'll attest to that. Take it from someone who is 6'4" and has been hurt multiple times while skateboarding.

I have a Black Lab/German Shorthair/Misc mutt and she's the most expressive dog I've ever seen. On the other hand, I think even chickens have distinct personalities....

Back