Burner Suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mklojay

Reaction score
I am looking to switch to AG sometime in the near future. I am slowly building my rig for AG and am trying to decide on a burner.

I don't have access to a garage so I will be brewing outside. As for brewing in the winter, I live in NJ where winter temps will be 30-40 deg on average. I am considering the Banjo Burner from NB. Will this burner work okay in an outdoor environment (wind)? Any and all suggestions welcome, thanks in advance!

-Matt

All of the propane burners will have trouble in heavy wind, but my banjo burner runs fine in a moderate cross wind. It waste more gas. On windy days you might just have to build a temporary wind break with some plywood, or park a car on the upwind side to block it.

I love my banjo burner. big wide array of smaller flames makes for more BTU's on target rather than washing away like the cone shaped burners.

I hate my Bajo burners. The flame keeps going up and down while brewing without me adjusting anything which resualts in a longer brewing day. Also when the burners go out they make a loud violent mini explosion.

baer19d
Something must be wrong with your burner or regulator setup. When I got mine the orifice was not tightly connected on the hose and the flame was erratic. I doubt all of yours are loose, though. I've also never heard any noises like that. Of course I'm just using the hose and regulator that come with the kab4.
I hear very few complaints about them on this forum.

Latest posts

Back