Burner selection, wanting to start all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drumnart

Reaction score
Hello all,

Let me first start out by saying thank you, I have read multiple threads and have learned a lot about brewing by reading all these threads. This is my first post other than my introduction. I am in kind of a predicament. I have been borrowing my buddies 5 gallon ss kettle but he has taken it back. The plan is to buy a 15 gallon kettle and a burner so I can start doing full boils, then maybe eventually build something like the brutus 10. I already have a kettle in mind and a propane burner in mind - bayou classic SP10. Does anyone know if this burner would be able to be applied to the brutus setup eventually? I am trying to buy a burner that I can transfer over that way I don't have to buy twice.

Thanks in advance.
-Matt

I have a 65k BTU burner and it does my 5 and 10 gal brews. one day I would like a little more power though. mine is a no name low cost burner. as long as the stand will hold ur pot you are good.

Back