Burner for keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessej122

Reaction score
Used our old turkey fryer burner for our new keggle didn't work so well...probably wouldn't even been boiling yet! Anyone recommend a burner for a keggle thinking if a bayou burner

I've got a Sabco burner that I use for both my turkey fryer and keggles. The older 3leg version is more stable, but it seems they might only make the 4leg anymore. It will fit a variety of different burner heads (high or low pressure) if you desire enough BTUs to flash fry a buffalo.

I have this one and it worked wonders with a keggle. If you are thinking about doing an occasional 10 gallon or larger batches in the future I would highly recommend this one. It can boil up to a 1bbl! This thing is built like a tank too. I cant imagine ever having to replace this.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/bayou-cooker-burner-and-stand.html

The only thing I had to do to increase efficiency was install an easy wind screen. Took maybe 20 minutes total. Heres a link to what I did.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/propane-burner-windscreen-cheap-easy-436462/

50,000 BTU will probably take awhile my turkey fryer was 34,000 I think,took 3 hours to get water to 162

The one I posted is 210,000 btu's! takes no time to boil my batches and doesnt use much propane after installing the cheap and easy windscreen

Yeah finsfan I think I might go with the one you got! Thanks

You wont be disappointed, this thing is built like a tank and should last me at least 10 years. Id be very surprised if it lasted any less than that. Just make sure to make a windscreen for it otherwise your propane and brew time with take a beating. I saved over an hour on my brew day just by taking 20 minutes to install the windscreen. Happy burning :D

Just ordered the burner thanks finsfan I'll let you know how it works! Cheers

Back