Bung in carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So while cooking my second batch (first still in primary) myself and some friends were diligently adding to my supply of empty bottles. Pitched yeast and put bung in and all the way in I mean. Right into the future beer. Do I need to rack to a secondary or should I just let it finish in primary? If I should transfer then how soon? Thanks.

What's done is done. No sense in transferring as that will just increase any chance of problems. I've seen lots of stories on here of unsanitized things being dropped into the fermenter and the beer still turned out fine. Just put a new airlock on it. Or if you don't have one handy, at least cover it with sanitized foil till you can get one.

Cool. Thanks. I was able to rig up a blow off so no worries there. Bung was sanitized right before I pushed it in too. Was just worried about getting a rubber flavor if I didn't rack to secondary. It's a pale ale kit that came with my equipment kit so if it does turn out tasting bad i won't be too upset.

Back