Bulldog Brew Bad Cat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cybermega1988

Reaction score
I have done many other beers extract before, but only 2 when you need to add hops. Doing normal wasnt enough anymore :).

Today or tomorrow im gonna start making this kit. So for example im already brewing it in my keg for 2 weeks, the last 2 days the gravity is steady 1012 or lower (when is safe to bottle, so the bottles dont explode). Than i should add hops on the 14th days of this 2 weeks and bottle on the 16th day. Would that be ok, cause i heard the aroma is better if u add hops last 2, 3 days before you bottle? If there is any problem if fermentation is completed and you add hops than, wait 2, 3 days and than bottle? Anyone has experience with this kit before? And do you prefer Coopers carbonation drops for bottling or beer sugar? Thx in advance for your answers.

Im brewing around 3, 4 kits per year cause i dont have more bottles to stack more and usually i wait at least 3months before i open the first bottle, im using 0.5l and 0.66l bottles and for the carbonation drops it says you need 1 drop for 0,33l till something and 2 drops for 0.7 till something, so with 0.5l bottles im using i probably would need to split it which i suppose would be hard :D. And cause i bought 2 others kits as well im wondering if cell temperature is enough that yeast wont be useful anymore, or i should put them in refrigirator or something, have only one keg for brewing?

If your beer has been sitting in primary for 2 weeks with little to no change in gravity then it’s good to bottle. If the beer calls for dry hop, typically people dry hop when fermentation is complete to avoid losing aromatics vis co2 release during active fermentation. 2-3 day drop is is fine, you’ll have a lot of suspended hop particles in your beer when you go to bottle though unless you cold crash first.

ive done carb tabs before, they’re good to ensure a consistent amount of sugar per bottle, but doesn’t give you the ability to really customize the amount of carbonation in your beer.

Back