Bulkhead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case your interested in a cheep and easy Bulkhead, DIY style.

get an Otay washing machine box with two valves, $12

get four Sink nuts, 1.25 each

and 4 5/8th neoprene washers. 50¢ each

then you get two bulkheads for under $20

Bulkhead.jpg

This picture is of my first attempt, with O-rings...but that did not work too well. so I got 5/8 neoprene washers that are about 2' in diameter and they work like a charm.

You will also need a 3/4' drill bit...Price less...

edit...I guess I missed that, keg part, please disregard this post unless you want a bulkhead for a cooler based MTL...sorry

Thanks everyone for the feedback, you gave me three different options from the cheapest to the most expensive. I am leaning toward the morebeer.com SS setup just because this is a one time purchase and i always prefer SS. I cant wait to get my first brew in this pot.

Thanks again, and happy brewin!

brewnman said:
I just wanted to give props to www.morebeer.com, delivery was quick, service was good! Thanks again for the advice.

Regards

I noticed that morebeer's bulkhead only has one neoprene washer, where AHB, Midwest and a few others have the two neoprene washers. Have you noticed any leaking? Let me know, I'm thinking of getting one... thanks.

Latest posts

Back