bulk hop plugs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkov

Reaction score
does anyone know where to get bulk hop plugs (like a couple of pounds)? similar to hopsdirect or freshhops prices

Yeah, half an ounce each, made to go in firkins for dry-hopping cask-conditioned ales, like this:
plug2sm.jpg

Incidentally, you might want to check out the website I stole that image from (first result from a google image search for "hop plugs"). They seem to sell to a lot of homebrew stores in packs up to a pound.

yeah plugs, there basically whole hops compressed into big pellets/plugs but arent shredded. dont take up much space. My few experiences with them have all been good, especially with dry hopping.

Yeah, half an ounce each, made to go in firkins for dry-hopping cask-conditioned ales, like this:
plug2sm.jpg

Incidentally, you might want to check out the website I stole that image from (first result from a google image search for "hop plugs"). They seem to sell to a lot of homebrew stores in packs up to a pound.

thanks, i emailed them and asked for prices, ill post what they respond with

i've used the plugs before when i couldn't get leaf (i like to use leaf). I guess I'm puzzled why you couldn;;t just buy whole leaf and break down into .5oz increments. as soon as you toss them into a firkin, they're just going to absorb wort/beer and end up like whole leaf anyway. i can see your point if wanting to just toss in the "puck" but thinking whole leaf from hopsdirect is going to be a lot cheaper for you.

Back