Bulk DME containers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kegtoe

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What do people use to hold their bulk dme? I want to start buying more that just the 3lbs i use for each batch. Any creative ideas? Post pics if you got 'em!

:mug:

I was thinking about this as well and i found these.

FOOD CONTAINER
It is a pet food container, but foodsafe, waterproof, and holds 11 gallons. i guess it could double as a fermenter if you really wanted to.

cheers

What do people use to hold their bulk dme? I want to start buying more that just the 3lbs i use for each batch. Any creative ideas? Post pics if you got 'em!

:mug:

I weigh mine out into large (2 gal.) zipper top bags - 4 to 7 lb. per bag - and write the weight on the bag. These are stored in a large plastic tub.

For the life of me, I do not recall where I bought the tub and I don't have a picture. It's maybe 30" long, 18" wide and 18" deep. Cream colored with a loose fitting lid. One of those tubs from Home Depot with the two hinged interlocking lid pieces would do just fine.

If you're not gonna weigh it into zipper top bags, a primary fermenting bucket with an undrilled lid I think would do just fine. Probably need two of 'em for 50lb.

I used an air tight dog food container. It held 50 lbs no problem. I keep silica in a small dish on top and it doesn't clump up at all.

Back