Building Rolling Kegerator - Question's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiffster

Reaction score
I'm building a rolling kegerator and I want to be able to serve from 3 corny kegs.

The Kobalt CO2 kit isn't available in my area so I was wondering what other options I should consider?

What size trash can do I need to hold 3 corny's?

Do I need to insulate it?

I'll probably use 3 of the faucets from my keezer unless there's a decent, inexpensive option (no picnic taps).

Thanks folks!

I'm building a rolling kegerator and I want to be able to serve from 3 corny kegs.

The Kobalt CO2 kit isn't available in my area so I was wondering what other options I should consider?

What size trash can do I need to hold 3 corny's?

Do I need to insulate it?

I'll probably use 3 of the faucets from my keezer unless there's a decent, inexpensive option (no picnic taps).

Thanks folks!

I used this 50 gallon from Amazon and can fit (4) 5 gallon kegs + a 5lb CO2 tank with manifold.

I have cut some 1/2" or so hard insulation and lined the can, then I put the kegs and ice in a trash bag. I don't know if the insulation helps at all, everytime I've used this it stays cold for at least a day.

Also grabbed cheap faucets off Amazon I clean them every time the bar is used so having foward seals insn't nessasry.

Probably $200-$300 total into the build, most of the cost being wood.

2015-10-11 14.52.11.jpg

2015-10-10 19.24.45.jpg

2015-10-12 21.12.10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I did. That's where I got the idea.

The CO2 regulator he used isn't available in my area.

I like can jddevinn used above but hoping to lower the cost a bit, maybe a little smaller can. 4 kegs might be nice too though.

I got the idea from Biermuncher's thread too :)

Most of my cost was in wood and shanks/faucets. I have a Perlick cooled tower in the house so I could not steal shanks off of it..... if you stole the shanks/faucets from your "regular" bar, stole the CO2 and manifold from your regular bar and simplified the coffin box you could cut the cost down to a little over the cost of the trash can.

My CO2 tank will barely fit inside of the can, with most of it in the coffin box...... 1/2 of the time I've used this I just keep the CO2 tank outside sitting on the ground

Last edited:
I got the idea from Biermuncher's thread too :)

Most of my cost was in wood and shanks/faucets. I have a Perlick cooled tower in the house so I could not steal shanks off of it..... if you stole the shanks/faucets from your "regular" bar, stole the CO2 and manifold from your regular bar and simplified the coffin box you could cut the cost down to a little over the cost of the trash can.

My CO2 tank will barely fit inside of the can, with most of it in the coffin box...... 1/2 of the time I've used this I just keep the CO2 tank outside sitting on the ground

Ordered a can from Amazon. Did you put a false bitten in to stabilize the kegs?

Back