Building mash lauter tun...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredthrash

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a Coleman Xtreme 5 52 quart cooler with hopes to turn it into a mash tun. I have looked all over the web for instructions on how to do this properly with my specific cooler, yet I have found none that match!

I was hoping that someone out there knew of a great guide / how-to for this model! I have either found videos on youtube that are for a different Coleman cooler, or their instructions are vague or include parts that are hazardous when in contact with an acidic liquid like wort (brass, zinc, etc).

I am still new when it comes to DIY projects, so I require something a little more exacting to my model...

I really hope that this post is descriptive enough and that I can begin putting this mash tun together soon!

Thanks!:)

Here is a link to a video on how to convert it. They used a 48 quart cooler but it is the same brand so you should be able to use exactly what they did with your cooler. I used this video to make mine and just had to form the braided line in a different shape to fit my cooler. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a link to a video on how to convert it. They used a 48 quart cooler but it is the same brand so you should be able to use exactly what they did with your cooler. I used this video to make mine and just had to form the braided line in a different shape to fit my cooler. Hope this helps.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ftY_HZAFJFc

The tape on the threads and the "spring" are unecessary

Back