Building a New Brewing Room

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brentk14

Reaction score
Where to start....We recently sold our house, and the buyer really liked the brewing system I had built, and so it ended up with the new homeowner. I had a two element, 30 amp PID RIMs system, and it worked really well, but I was already looking to upgrade, and go a little bigger. Now starts the new build. We're building a 21' x 11' brewing room in our new shop, and we're stoked about the progress and possibilities. I'll add pictures as we go.
I really liked the ease of the PID system, but I'm planning on going the BCS-482, brewboss or Brewtroller route this time. I'm hoping I can get some input from everyone on this, and hopefully you can answer some questions for me.
I am going to have a 50amp 2 element, 3 vessel HERMS system with 30 gallon kettles. Here is what I am hoping to accomplish...
  • Wi-Fi connect-ability and remotely controllable
  • Some sort of automated, remotely controlled pre-filling of the HLT, so I can heat water ahead of time. I am hoping to use a float switch and solenoid valve or something like the Accu-Fill automated kettle filler from Brewtroller. Is there a way to have the Accu-fill work with BCS, or is it strictly for Brewboss?
  • Eventually add fermentation control down the road that I can control remotely, either from the same control panel, or add a panel but use the controller (BCS-482 seems to be able to handle this).
  • Eventually add more automation down the road, i.e. adding solenoid valves to have a more hands free brewing experience. It's not something that interests me now, but i'd like to have that option in the future.

I am fine with doing the wiring myself, like I did on the previous panel, but I am also interested in seeing if there is something out there that is close to turn key, out of the box as well. I've been scouring the interweb for the last 2 months prepping for this, and looking into everything, but want to hear from members here and see what input they have.

Where to start....We recently sold our house, and the buyer really liked the brewing system I had built, and so it ended up with the new homeowner. I had a two element, 30 amp PID RIMs system, and it worked really well, but I was already looking to upgrade, and go a little bigger. Now starts the new build. We're building a 21' x 11' brewing room in our new shop, and we're stoked about the progress and possibilities. I'll add pictures as we go.
I really liked the ease of the PID system, but I'm planning on going the BCS-482, brewboss or Brewtroller route this time. I'm hoping I can get some input from everyone on this, and hopefully you can answer some questions for me.
I am going to have a 50amp 2 element, 3 vessel HERMS system with 30 gallon kettles. Here is what I am hoping to accomplish...
  • Wi-Fi connect-ability and remotely controllable
  • Some sort of automated, remotely controlled pre-filling of the HLT, so I can heat water ahead of time. I am hoping to use a float switch and solenoid valve or something like the Accu-Fill automated kettle filler from Brewtroller. Is there a way to have the Accu-fill work with BCS, or is it strictly for Brewboss?
  • Eventually add fermentation control down the road that I can control remotely, either from the same control panel, or add a panel but use the controller (BCS-482 seems to be able to handle this).
  • Eventually add more automation down the road, i.e. adding solenoid valves to have a more hands free brewing experience. It's not something that interests me now, but i'd like to have that option in the future.

I am fine with doing the wiring myself, like I did on the previous panel, but I am also interested in seeing if there is something out there that is close to turn key, out of the box as well. I've been scouring the interweb for the last 2 months prepping for this, and looking into everything, but want to hear from members here and see what input they have.

I recommend that you check out Stout Tanks. They work with Brewmation and put together a complete 1/2 bbl and 1 bbl electric systems.

I recommend that you check out Stout Tanks. They work with Brewmation and put together a complete 1/2 bbl and 1 bbl electric systems.
I actually emailed Brewmation for a price earlier in the week. Waiting to see what they can do.

I'd be happy to help you get started with a BrewTroller! If you are looking for something turnkey, Electric Brewing Supply is now selling BrewTroller panels even!

Take a look at one of the Hosehead controllers you it’s raspberry Pi system but you can run what program you want on it.

Back