Quantcast

Building a keggerator

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

DMTnew2brew

Reaction score
Is there any recommendations on having the CO2 in the fridge or outside?

klindeman

Reaction score
Inside means there is one less entry point into the inside to allow for the cold air to escape, otherwise having it inside just takes up room for more kegs or bottled beers. It's totally up to you.

OP
D

DMTnew2brew

Reaction score
I've been looking to buy a used fridge to build my kegerator, but most have the freezer box, can I just pull all that crap out with out damaging the cooling components?

patthebrewer

Reaction score
I have heard that having your co2 bottle outside the kegerator give you more psi or capacity than inside ....having said that mines inside.

OP
D

DMTnew2brew

Reaction score
I intend to put it inside to save space and save myself the time of having to drill extra holes

beaksnbeer

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard that having your co2 bottle outside the kegerator give you more psi or capacity than inside ....having said that mines inside.
Co2 is measured by weight so that's a myth some have thought that because CO2 stays in a liquid form inside so there is less in it's gaseous form and the reading on the high side gauge will drop 200 to 300 psi so it was assumed that you have less. I keep mine outside because I don't like my gauges rusting and I would prefer to keep beer cold then the gas. :D