Wow, thanks for that list. Had considered adding dregs, but that list is already a veritable whose who of organisms. Would have asked him, but do not have facebook. Already spend too much time on this site. Don't need another distraction.
I just bottled an 11 month-old lambic that used BugFarm 5. Got down to 1.008. Started around 1.050. I was hoping for a bit more attenuation, but we will see how the bottles develop. Cork and caged almost all of it, so if the brett keeps chewing on the FG I think we will be okay. Only bottled half; the other half went on to about 1.5 to 2 lbs/gal of cabernet sauvignon grapes! It looks beautiful in the fermenter.
The uncarbonated stuff has a lot of brett funk aroma, but almost none of it is in the flavor. The flavor is quite acidic, coming off a bit sweet. It reminds of champagne right now. I hope some funk develops in the bottle! The recipe was all LME and 2 oz of maltodextrin. About 6 IBUs.
Been quite a while since I updated this. I turned the lambic into a 5 gallon solera. Bottled the first pull straight. Refilled with a batch prefermented with wyeast lambic blend. Pulled again 2.5 gallons onto fresh picked strawberries and racked in with beer fermented with ecy oud bruin. First bottling (plain) was at 1.5 years and had a bright fresh citrus flavor with mild acidity. Now with more time in the bottle it is slowly building the requisite funk. Just bottled the strawberry batch after more than 6 months on fruit. Smelled strong of strawberry. Will need more bottle time to taste.
Sorry for not updating frequently. Grad school for chemistry keeps me more than busy. Only brewed four batches in the last year.
Guess I'll also update on the Flanders. Three gallon batch, half bottled straight half got fresh picked sour cherries for 6 months and then bottled. Will need to do a retasting to freshen my memory. Though I do remember the cherry developed acetic from too much head space in the bb.