Buffalo Gold Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgruis

Reaction score
Ok...this is one of my favorite commercial beers. I'm trying to clone it. I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

9.5lbs 2 Row
1 lb Crystal 20

.50 Nugget as the bittering hop
1 oz Willammete at 10 minutes
1 oz Casacade at 10 minutes

I was thinking a 60 minute mash at 151. 60 minute boil. Probably a neutral yeast...US 05?

1 week primary fermentation at 68degrees then age cold crash to 35 for a month or so.

Ok...this is one of my favorite commercial beers. I'm trying to clone it. I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

9.5lbs 2 Row
1 lb Crystal 20

.50 Nugget as the bittering hop
1 oz Willammete at 10 minutes
1 oz Casacade at 10 minutes

I was thinking a 60 minute mash at 151. 60 minute boil. Probably a neutral yeast...US 05?

1 week primary fermentation at 68degrees then age cold crash to 35 for a month or so.

I really don't get any hop flavor or aroma from this beer, so I think 2 oz of hops at 10 isn't going to get you a similar beer, I think it will be better. I think a pound of C20 is probably a bit much too. I think it may have some vienna it, but I am not sure.

I really don't get any hop flavor or aroma from this beer, so I think 2 oz of hops at 10 isn't going to get you a similar beer, I think it will be better. I think a pound of C20 is probably a bit much too. I think it may have some vienna it, but I am not sure.

Thanks Permo.....ya...the Boulder beer website says they use "a US light carmel malt"....do you think it could be Vienna?

and with the hops your right...very faint for sure.

And ya..the more I think about it I will make the Crystal/Carmel malt like 5% of the grain bill.

Back