Buffalo Brew Club anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allentwnguy

Reaction score
Testing the waters for interest in starting a brew group in the city of Buffalo. I live in the Allentown part of the city and finally after years of wanting to brew I have the equipment and time to start. Brewing my first batch this week. It would be great to get a group together and share experiences (brews), knowledge and whatever.

Chuck

Hey, let me know your thoughts. I've thought about hooking up with some other home brewers for awhile, but just busy in the past half-year.

Though, i know theres a big diff between just hanging out, and starting an official club.

Hope your first batch went well. Ive got a saison fermenting in my basement now . (With an aquarium heater in the high 70's)

-beermethatbeer

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I was basically putting it out there to see if there was any interest in a city "gathering" of home brewers. I think a club was stretching it a bit! I'm in Allentown and have finally gotten my equipment together to brew. My first batch, an imperial IPA, went off without too many problems. It took just about 7 hours and was a lot of fun. It been going gang busters in primary for 3 days now. I'm getting a bubble every second out of a 3/8 blow off hose. Next big IPA I'm thinking about setting up a sterile overflow jug with water to harvest the krausen yeast that blow off. For fermenting I haven't built anything yet I have a closet under the stairs that I put a space heater in for this first run. I'm holding a 63 on the carboy which is a little under where I wanted but.... I do have some reptile heat mat material and a controller I wired up but I didn't want to try it on a fermentation first time out. This week I hope to brew a blond ale that I'm using the last of my mosaic hops in. I can't seem to find any Crystal 10 so I'm using a little darker malt and calling it Dirty Blond Ale, I'm sure that has been used before!

Anyway... I guess that's what would be fun getting some brewers together to talk about brewing beer, mistakes and corrections etc. There doesn't seem to be much interest though. Perhaps I'll put something on Craigslist.

Thanks for the reply, the names Chuck BTW

Hey guys I am a little late to the party as I just started roaming the site.

My buddy and I have been brewing for about a year and he has done about 20 different styles.

I am doing a Brewfest at my house in June and wanted to know if anyone in the area was interested in a "Brew Off". Basically best tasting beer wins. We have some connections with the local home brew stores and would try and get some cool stuff together for prizes.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Yeah it has been a while. Thank god for e-mails when someone posts to a thread!

If Beer Me's still around.... that first beer was a knock it into the parking lot home run... I have at least 30 brews under my belt with always 4 on tap and one stand by at home. I've since fine tuned brewing as much as possible on a show string budget. I'm a DIY at heart. I'll post a few pics of the keezer build I did in the fall it's not finished yet but almost.

@ron... I don't know if I'll be here in June, I may be in NH for a couple months to finish restoring my '53MG. But I'm always up for a few beers and I'm always looking for feed back on mine. I don't have one of those trained palates but I know what I like in a beer.

Anyway thanks for the bump.

Yeah it has been a while. Thank god for e-mails when someone posts to a thread!

If Beer Me's still around.... that first beer was a knock it into the parking lot home run... I have at least 30 brews under my belt with always 4 on tap and one stand by at home. I've since fine tuned brewing as much as possible on a show string budget. I'm a DIY at heart. I'll post a few pics of the keezer build I did in the fall it's not finished yet but almost.

@ron... I don't know if I'll be here in June, I may be in NH for a couple months to finish restoring my '53MG. But I'm always up for a few beers and I'm always looking for feed back on mine. I don't have one of those trained palates but I know what I like in a beer.

Anyway thanks for the bump.

No worries if you are and are interested keep me in mind. Our plan is not so much to look for anything special in the beer or what you used to make it etc, we are more interested in what people like. Thinking about maybe doing a silent ballot of the beers on hand with the highest rated taking home the prize.

Did you know about the HomeBrew competition they had at Resergence Brewing this past August to benefit cancer research? They are probably going to make it a yearly event. I had a full keg of my haus ale just ready to come on line and i was thinking of taking it there but they had no way to drop it off early so it could settle down. I'm hoping they have an early drop off this year, if so I may brew something and enter that. The Dude Hates Cancer... Homebrew Competition.

And I forgot to post pics.

keezerF.jpg

KeezerI.jpg

Back